Strange issue while exporting as an OAM

I have a 3-scene Hype Pro file.
Each scene has a Tablet and a Phone Screen.
The strange thing is that
– if I click on the Phone thumbnail on the Sizes panel, the OAM displays only the Phone when it is imported in InDesign.
– if I select the Tablet thumbnail on the Sizes panel, the OAM displays only the Phone when it is imported in InDesign.

I thought that the exported OAM would export all Scenes and Sizes. Or am I missing something?

I have checked the content of the OAM, and I have all Screens and Sizes.
But when I import the OAM in InDesign, I see a preview of only of the Sizes and it’s random.
When I export the InDesign file as an HTML5 document with two alternate layouts, the OAM displays only in one Size even if the two frames are different in InDesign, the OAM does not adapt itself by fitting the frame.
InDesign 15.0.3.

In InDesign is probably basing the embed size on the OAM static thumbnail image, which is generated from the currently selected scene and layout.

I would have probably expected the exported-from-InDesign version to respond correctly, but it might be that it isn’t resizing a container that Hype sees. To get this to work in Muse you used to need to stretch the widget to the edges, otherwise it wouldn’t automatically resize. I’m not an expert on InDesign though.

Is it possible to make your .hype and InDesign files available to take a look at let me know what steps you’re using to export? Thanks!

It turns out that InDesign has a bug with the preview. After reimporting in InDesign it worked but now you know it that in previous versions we had a correct preview of an OAM in InDesign, now it’s not. But to the final user, everything is OK but not the preview on the designer’s side. Same issue in InDesign v15.1.1.

1 Like

Ah - that explains the problem is good to know about!