Simulate hamburger menu behavior

menu.hype.zip (12.2 KB)

Super Newbie here! I am trying to simulate behavior for a hamburger menu (Hype file attached). Clicking on the button brings up the menu. How do I add the reverse timeline action to the same button? Or is there another workaround for making it work?

Menu hamburger for website
(james koh) #2

now it works. i thought i would be simple but had to struggle for while. now i learned a new thing !!
here is the fixed version. i didn’t use another scene. just used pause action on main-timeline.
for future event, you can make that button as a symbol.
menufixed.zip (95.4 KB)

Thanks a lot! I finally managed to replicate it using your advice and using ‘Continue Timeline’ action for the invisible button symbol

(james koh) #4

that’s good. i might try that some other time.

(Nate Legaspi) #5

Hi I tried this one but I couldn’t figure out the close button. I tried doing what’s on the screenshot but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

(VIRAJ UPADHYAY) #6

same thing for me!!! struggling for close action where whole animation got back, does anybody has nice tutorial or descriptive steps,? please share

(VIRAJ UPADHYAY) #7

hey can you please tell me steps involve i cant find .hype file in it!!!

(Jonathan Deutsch) #8

Here’s a .hype document from the solution above:

Hamburger.hype.zip (15.4 KB)

It appears the screenshot also has a little bit simpler of a method. The general trick is that you will want the timeline to animate both opening and closing. You’d add a timeline action at the halfway point that pauses the timeline. Then the button itself would just be a ‘continue timeline’ action with ‘Can restart timeline’ checked.

(VIRAJ UPADHYAY) #9

thanks man it worked