Simple Javascript Breakout Game

Created a simple Breakout style game with Hype and Javascript:

http://darrenscorner.com/hype/ultraBustout/ultraBustout.html

Tried to accommodate both Desktop and Touchscreen platforms but still have a few bugs to work out for the for the touchscreen version. Encountered issues with the screen zooming in accidentally. If anyone has suggestions to fix this, would love to hear it.

Also, used a little bit of MySQL outside of Hype to create the High Score Board at the end. Would love feedback on this.

5 Likes

Made it onto the leaderboard! Awesome work. Love the sound effects.

Just a couple things I noticed:

• Sometimes the ball passes through the bricks
  • The ball and paddle seem a little slow

I noticed that too. When I calculated the collisions between the ball and the brick, I did it based on a 90 degree angle collision. When the ball is moving at a 45 degree angle, it sometimes doesn’t work very well. Going to try and fix that in the next version.

Used the Tumult Hype 3, not the professional edition, to make this so I did not use the Physics Engine to calculate the collisions. Hope to find time to try and use that for the next version over the Christmas Break.

Really nice! Now folks need to beat my high score on this one too!

Good work Darren! Playing this brought back a few memories…

great :smile:

only thing is – as always – 100% relyable collision detection …

would you share … i’m always interested :slight_smile: ¿

Onething i noticed was On touch screen mode, if you press right button twice. It zooms in. Like double tap screen. Beside that it looks nice!!!

I am currently trying to understand how to take text object in hype (with the inner.html values) - put those values in some kind of variable that I can extend to a mySQL table. I have written code where I hard code the values, the database is getting written - but I know I need to convert the javascript variables into another kind of variable that php can see. Is using the _POST method the only way to do this? Could you post a sample of how you were able to get from HYPE - to Javascript - to php - and finally to mySQL?

Beautiful teacher, you would not like to help us adapt one of your games for our project for children with intellectual disabilities! ... Look at everything we have done with Hype.
www.yoapprendo.com

This is our non-profit Civil Association.

www.dardegracia.com

All the games are in their first phase, they do not have continuity since we are looking for economic resources to be able to put levels.

We will do a crowdfunding campaign.