Scrolling in scene changes animation positions

I want to present an A4 form in an iBook and use sliders to record values to be input by the reader. I have been helped with the sliders by forum members here however I have struck a problem. I want to have the page presented at full page width, and scroll the page as the reader continues to input from multiple sliders further down the form.

My attempts so far cause the sliders to reset to their starting points as soon as I use a drag action to move the page up (drag to control the timeline). I’ve tried different ways to trigger the scroll (click button, hover over button) but so far every time the action is initiated the sliders reset (although the maths associated is not affected).

Is there a way to stop the sliders resetting or a better way to allow the form to scroll without affecting the sliders?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Murray

adding_sliders_sum_scroll.hype.zip (36.1 KB)

You have two options, actually more than that but here is two.

Option 1
1, Select all the elements and group them.
2, remover all the animations from the elements that move them up and down.
3,Size the group to cover the whole of the scene ( same size and position)
4,Turn the the contents overflow in the metrics inspector to scrollbars.

Option 2 ( The one in the example )
1, Select all the elements and group them.
2,Size the group to cover the whole of the background image including off scene part ( same size and position)
3, remover all the animations from the elements that move them up and down.
4, Put a single animation that moves the group up and down
5, put the drag control action on the group.

adding_sliders_sum_scroll_v2.hype.zip (35.1 KB)

Tip,
Option 2 shows you that you can put simple animations on a group, saving putting animations on all elements.

4 Likes

Thanks very much Mark. I should have worked that one out myself.

Cheers, Murray

1 Like