Scene locked with Combination Padlock

(Mark Hunte) #1

This is another simple password page ( I password is not meant to be robust)

The difference is the Staging Scene is a Combination Padlock.
To set the code you will see a code text box out of scene in the project. It is set to 614 in this template.
Each tumbler is from 0-6

The Tumblers drag up or down to set the numbers.
And there is a lock button under them to submit the current code.

If the right code is entered the Lever will raise and and enter button will show, which you can click to continue to the next scene.

Padlock.hypetemplate.zip (103.6 KB)

Event Based Animation
(a_brougher) #2

Hey, this is cool stuff. I like it. Have you built any locks that open when objects or images are dragged to a specific location or placed in a specific order? Like dragging some circles from a pile into the correct order. Right to Left: red circle, blue circle, white circle= opens the lock.

EDIT:

Oh! I see. You’re using the timeline time as the numbers for the code!

(Mark Hunte) #3

Hi,

I have built some pages which have hidden scenes. The only way to get to them is to drag a bit of page decoration to a certain spot.

I use the time line in this example as a way of getting feedback of what the tumblers values are. Each tumbler number has a pause action on its timeline corresponding with the matching tick time.

(Nick ) #4

That is so cool!! Love it! lots of possibilities.

(Joe Moretti) #5

Hi. I’ve looked at this code and tried your 614 example. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve run it and moved the tumblers to 614 and it does not work? If I change the 3 number code in Hype to anything, 2 2 2, for example. It doesn’t work.

(Mark Hunte) #6

What Browser you using.

I just re tested it in Safari and Chrome and it works with no issues.

In Firefox the graphics do not line up as expected so does not work in FF.
Not sure why FF is not displaying the tumblers correctly…

Force Browser to go to Full Screen via JavaScript
(Joe Moretti) #7

Thanks for replying so quickly - that was exactly the problem. How weird it doesn’t work in FF!