Revisions – A Sci-Fi Adventure Story 📚

App Store — https://apps.apple.com/us/app/revisions/id460834674

Heh, after working so hard on the "Wrapping" app, this was supposed to be an easy project in the 10-year plan. Heh, nope. The goal was to take my first book and update it. With Hype, I could finally add a scoring system. I also improved the book's navigation to better match the theme. With a persistent symbol, the toolbar stays in place – no matter where the reader is in the story. The toolbar has navigation, score display and settings. In the settings, the font size can be changed or the theme can be changed. (Basically, there's "Dark" mode for nighttime reading.)

There's a sample here... https://photics.com/books/revisions/

Revisions is a Sci-Fi book where you can try to make the best choices, or you can simply read straight through, it's up to you.

Since I'm in a better mood today, and I'm not planning to go outside with all of the snow on the way, I figured I'd celebrate.

WHO WANTS A FREE PROMO CODE?!

While I'm not sure if Apple will approve the iOS update for Revisions, everyone here probably has a Mac. So, do you want a free copy of the Mac version? If so, just post a reply here. If you're shy, just send a private message. :slight_smile:

There is some legal stuff though...

1. I only have 100 promo codes. I'm probably going to use about 5 of them right away. So, about ~95 of them are available.
  2. This is a limited time thing. The codes have an expiration date. Also, I'm not permitted to give them away less than 10 days before the deadline. So, I figure this will be a two week thing. If you want a free copy, act before March 21 or before the codes run out. (Yeah, I could have downloaded the codes one at a time, but that's so tedious. HA HA!)
  3. Not all of the territories are available. Here's a list... Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA :us: ...so, by requesting a code, you're saying that you're in one of those territories.
  4. Here's the legalese Apple wants me to send with the promo code... https://photics.com/files/books/revisions-sample/photics-promo-codes-revisions-mac.pdf
2 Likes

Let me be the first. I’d like to have a free copy.
Djon

1 Like

I’ll be the second, if possible - Thanks Michael

1 Like

There’s only week left for the free promo code thing! :man_shrugging:t2:

And if a fourth code is available, I’ll be glad to enjoy it. Thanks Michael

1 Like

Actually, only three people here (counting you) requested a code. So, lots of codes are still left.

Well then, let me be No.# 4 requesting a free promo code thingy. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

thank you, Sir !

1 Like

Codes still available?, i’d love to check this out.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. The codes are no longer available for distribution. The app is not available right now either, as I’m planning to leave the App Store. I worked hard on the update for iOS, but Apple didn’t approve it. That made me quite angry.

While I’m not sure, the app might still be in appeals. So, this situation might turn around. I’m not optimistic about that though.

@Photics thats a shame to hear that your app got rejected. Can you shed any light as to what Apples reasoning was for the rejection? I plan on submitting to the app store also.

It is a pretty common occurrence that apps get rejected. Don’t get disheartened! stick it out, and hopefully you’ll get it on the app store soon.

Look forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

It was a little too common for me. After four apps (in four months) and five rejections, I decided that's enough.

That's my problem. They weren't very logical here. When the exact same app is on the Mac App Store, why shouldn't an UPDATE for an iOS app be approved?! While I didn't like the other app rejections, I could understand the logic. But this time, nope.

I've been increasingly disappointed with Apple lately. This might be it... not just for iOS/Mac development, but Apple in general. Hype is the only Mac program I use that doesn't have a clear Linux equivalent.

So, I've been thinking what to do next. Lots of possibilities are being considered.

Looks like I won. The iOS version is now available…
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/revisions/id460834674?ls=1&mt=8

I suppose that means the end of the boycott. The other apps should be available again soon.

3 Likes

haha, awesome to hear! grabbing my copy.

1 Like

Three... years... later... :laughing:

First, I had a really good laugh at one of my HTML comments...

<!-- I like big fonts and I cannot lie! -->

I'm in a bit of a holding pattern right now, so I'm not quite ready to start a major task. Also, I needed a break from Widgets / Apparatuses. That's when I decided to revisit Revisions. Hype fixed the issue with “Page Turn” and I had made some improvements too. So, why didn't I simply launch the update?

Apple gave me such a hard time before, and in retrospect I think they might have been right, but I'm not sure if the app will be rejected. What do you think? The Mac / iOS versions are in review. (It's now combined into one listing.)

revisions-in-review

Do You Think Apple Will Reject The Revisions Update?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I really like the update though. It looked really nice side-by-side with Apparatuses...

...and if this works out, then I might have a solution for a digital version of A Book About Hype.

2 Likes

Hmm, how much attention did this get back then..

I just don't remember seeing this thread.. !!

I don't know, what were you doing at 9:02 AM Eastern Time, on March 7, 2018? :man_shrugging:t2:

I suppose it was above average popularity for around here. Why do you ask? Were you looking for a Sci-fi novel, are you wanting to do a book with Hype, or are you just trying to read everything here? :smile:

Surprisingly, Apple approved the app... for both iOS and macOS ...without any trouble. Although, the iOS version was in review for longer than expected.

I do like sci-fi, the premise of it sounded like a nice idea and just wondered why I never saw it

1 Like

What?! How did that happen?

1 Like