Reveal in finder

Feature request! I would love to be able to right click on items in the Resources panel and select “reveal in finder”.

This would be similar to the “reveal in resource library” but for revealing the source file in OSX finder.

6 Likes

Thanks for the request!

@raphroberts , @Daniel
I would like this to but I see a dilemma to consider, which original we are referring to.
The original that was first referenced or the one that is in the project resources folder after a save.

may be an edit original button(/option) would do a fine job in any case …
click edit -> edit the file -> sve -> close … and hype will ask for updating yes or no

have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

or have option for both.

2 Likes

My reason for requesting is that I sometimes have forgotten where my original source file was located, so the original file is the one I would want to be able to locate (plus I already know where the resource copy is) - however I do like the suggestion that both could be listed.

I am very grateful that hype recognises when my source file is changed and asks whether to update :slight_smile:

An ‘edit original’ button would be less preferable to me, as not all software can reliably tell me where the opened file is located.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Has this been added yet?
If so Brilliant!.. if not… lets get to it boys.

Thank You.

2 Likes

I second that and also the possibility to refresh the link to the original if it gets lost and an indicator if the link still is active. There was a recent thread discussing that.

2 Likes