Hey guys, I am trying to remove an event listener from one scene

document.addEventListener('mouseup', function_x);

alert("Listener added");

function function_x() {

alert("Function called");
            }

when loading another scene by

document.removeEventListener('mouseup', function_x);

Pretty simple actually, I thought... but I cant get this to work. It is adding the event listener but not removing it on scene load. Minimal example attached. Do you guys have any idea?Event_Listener.zip (239.1 KB)

Just add the event listener to the element itself … or use
https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/event_onmouseup.asp

PS: I was following some of your questions on the forum in the recent days and saw that you work a lot with the window and document scope. You can do most things in the hypeDocument scope making the whole thing more "modular" and "localized".

2 Likes

@MaxZieb The thing is, that i dont have a special element, actually every click or swipe should reset a timer, so I wrote one function for all clicks.

But when it comes to a certain scene in the document, I would like to remove my event listener.

Isnt that possible to achieve?

It sure is… just query the scene name and return out of the event listener if (sceneName!='XYZ') return; if it isn't the scene you want (given you "know" sceneName on the window scope). Chris Ferdinandi has some nice reading on the general subject matter:

In contrast to his preferences I like to keep things local in Hype because I often use them as "Widgets" and can't rely on controlling window/document or might have the same widget twice on a page and want to avoid interferences.

1 Like

Hi Max thanks a lot, also for the idea of doing this with an onmouseup event. tried it and it does the trick for me. Thx again!