I have a client needing to create some interactive touch screens for their show rooms and my initial thoughts were to use flash (output as a Projector) as I have done that previously for a Museum and it worked well. However, it turns out they’re wanting the interactive to not only play on their touch screens in their show rooms but also run on their website, which means it needs to run on multiple browsers, devices etc… including the ability to run on tablets like the iPad. After looking around this is where I came across Hype, my questions are:
- Would you recommend Hype to develop a Kiosk style interactive?
- I need to work with multiple videos and transition to different scenes at the end of each video to continue user interaction, is this possible with Hype?
- Is there a way to run in a “kiosk" mode? (e.g.: Full screen and lock the user to viewing the interactive only)
- Whats the smartest way to work around the different screen resolutions (e.g.: 1920x1080 touch screen, 960x540 for website etc…), without having to create two different sized interactives?
- Are there any performance issues I would need to be aware of? (e.g.: I find I can have full screen HD animation in Flash and it runs smoothly)
Any recommendations or suggestions would be very appreciated.