Readable by search engines animated text?

I need to create a slideshow of images and video clips and I want to place animated text over the images and video. The thing is that I need to be sure that the search engines can read the animated text as if it was HTML text on a webpage.

Is this possible and if so, are there any tricks to making this happen with Hype?

TIA,

Rgator

From the Hype Documentation under "Export Options":

Include text contents for search engines

When enabled, Hype will include all of the text found in your document’s elements in special hidden text elements appended to the HTML file. Those text elements help your document be indexed by Google and other search engines.

Read more about the "Export Options" here:

1 Like

Inserting the non-displaying text into the HTML is certainly worthwhile, but Google has an algorithm for detecting non-display text. The text will certainly help with keyword searches but the search ranking tends be lowered.

I’ve been doing a lot of work with our AdWords rep and AW tech support people and Analytics rep, and this issue of non-display text does factor in. My workaround has been to include a text block that is on the same page as the animation; working the desired words and word pairings into the normal flow of text.

1 Like