Protect with a visitor password

Is it possible to shield my interactive website, made in Hype, on which a magazine is published, to only paying readers? The successful magazine is temporarily down because my 2009 MacPro is having problems with the latest versions of Adobe InDesign. The proceeds would allow me to purchase an M1 Max.
An older tutorial on password protection (Gasspence Greg) unfortunately doesn't work anymore

It is about this magazine, made in native dialect:
https://www.janmac.nl/Blad00/Blad00.html

Are you using a content management system, such as WordPress or Drupal? :thinking:

1 Like

You can create a first scene that contains a password question and only forward to the next scene if the password was answer correctly. That would be a very simple solution but also hackable if someone knows a little bit of JavaScript. The other solutions would be server based like having an htaccess folder protection or a PHP Passwort gateway that only delivers the HTML for Hype if the correct password was sent.

1 Like

Which exact solution was this? I couldn't find it, but also would be surprised on if/why it would have broke.

(There's probably also other solutions/discussion on the forums, since this comes up a bit, though don't let that stop you from future discussion!)

gate.hype.zip (43,9 KB)

this sample will open on 1,2,3,4,5,6 .... you can edit it as you want. based on: HypeConditionLinker: Perform actions based on AND/OR conditions without JavaScript code

of course also: That would be a very simple solution but also hackable if someone knows a little bit of JavaScript.

2 Likes

I tried Wordpress but it can't do what I like in Hype. So only Hype.

Hello Jonathan: this is the link that doesn't work anymore:

1 Like

Hans-Gerd, wieder vielen Dank. Ich brauche ein paar Stunden (Tagen, Wochen) bevor ich deine Beitrage verstehen habe, abe ich werde es natürlich versuchen!