"Preview in Editor" checkbox for Content Overflow

1. What do you want to see in Hype?
    Please add a "Preview in Editor" checkbox to Content Overflow in the Metrics tab. The point being that we put our scrolling content into a group and then use Auto Scrollbars on that group in Metrics. However in order to edit the content of the group we have to change Content Overflow to Visible, make the edits, then change back to Auto Scrollbars. Repeat for every layout. It would be productive to have content always visible (and editable) unless "Preview in Editor" checkbox is ticked.

2. Have you found a workaround for this problem?
    The workaround is tedious.

3. Are there examples of other apps with this feature? Or, have you seen examples of this elsewhere on the web? (Please include a URL) Adobe's apps often feature a "Preview" checkbox.

4. How high of a priority is this for you?

[ ] Nice to Have
[ X ] Important
[ ] Can't use Hype without it

I am not sure having this is worth something being added to the UI,

You can create you own temporary solution;

Set your groups up as normal with the auto scroll.

Add a class name to all the groups in the layouts i.e overFlowing

( you would actually do this before you make the layouts, so you do not have to repeat stuff )

Then add a css to the head file

<style>

.overFlowing{
 overflow:visible !important;

}

</style>

It is then a simple matter of toggling the comments on the property ( with the property selected, use cmd + / )

auto

visible

Then remove the css when you are all done.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I think the way we want to deal with this is when entering a group in the editor, the overflow would automatically change to visible so you can deal with anything inside the group. Do you think that would work for you?

(Until then, @MarkHunte's solution is a good workaround)

2 Likes

Yes that sounds like a very intuitive solution. Thank you for considering this. I can’t tell you how many times I forget to switch back to Auto Scrollbars after making edits.

1 Like