Posterdesign "Billie Holiday, 1947 NYC" (Made with Hype)

Portrait is public domain. All assets are without copyright. Only Hype was used except for the mask of the face. A version using Hype ClipPath would be neat. When I add IDE support to ClipPath I will maybe revisit this. Using Blendmodes extension.

Download:
Poster_Billie_Holiday_Downbeat_Club_NYC_1947.hype.zip

MadeWithHype_2

1 Like

Here is another Version also using Hype ClipPath. So this one can claim no other tools used.

Download:
Poster_Billie_Holiday_Downbeat_Club_NYC_1947_ClipPath.hype.zip

MadeWithHype_2

This link is a Not Found/404.

Fixed. BTW for Plugins like Hype ClipPath that use hypeDocument I would need to make them IDE preview ndependent of hypeDocument. As an alternative I was thinking about defining a fake hypeDocument API in that case with the function I need. In a full plugin context it would be neat to have some API offered by the IDE that emulates some of the functions that are available on export.

1 Like

Yeah, I see what you’re doing and that is something for me to think about adding. There’s a subset that is compatible, but a lot that couldn’t apply to the scene editor environment.

1 Like

I am aware but it could hold unique functions to that enviroment. It all depends on how you want to implemet plugins or maybe not. If it's class based it's more like the export script and the IDE just pings callbacks on that class wireframe. Giving it a hypeDocument API (IDE version) might also be nice… if unloading plugins is the reason to go class based I am not so sure as also the class functions can tweak the IDE to the point that a simple rollback woun't be easy. In an event driven enviroment it would be a HypePluginUninstalled event and the plugin would have to handle it's own cleanup (in class approach it would be a specific function triggered by the IDE). Rather maybe just reload the document in either case to initialize clean… I still feel we could also use a hypeDocument API approach with IDE specific functions and event callbacks as they feel already so familiar to people using the runtime versions and allow reusing code fragments across both sides. Food for thought. Looking forward what you come up with.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely agree with your points, I just do not want to commit to a specific API now :slight_smile:. Sometimes a “close but not quite” API is worse than something totally different that would just need to get conditionalized.

1 Like