Pixel distance between objects

Hi all, is there a way to easily view (with a shortcut key) the pixel distance between objects when laying them out in a scene? Referring to how Sketch allows one to click on one object and hold down the option-key to see its distance between itself and anything on the artboard. Or should I just be using the rulers/guides?

Thank you.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can see the distance between two objects in Hype. You might have to calculate it yourself from looking at their properties, at least that’s how I’ve been using Hype till now. Would love if I’m wrong on this one.

2 Likes

You can use the alignment guide lines to position elements evenly, while moving an element.

3 Likes

I think although we can use the alignment guides and even add grid/guide lines.
It would be good to have the pixel numbers included.

I personally only use the grid/guide lines sparingly as making a grid with them overwhelms the view.

And in either case grid/guide or alignment guides you still have to manually work out what those distances are.

Being able to see the pixel distance numbers between would be useful. The same way it is in for instance Xcode were it is included with the alignment guide.

2 Likes

to consider, as of html with absolut positioning the coordinate space changes with any nesting …
actually hype shows those “magic-distance-lines” just on objects sharing the same parent

1 Like

Thanks all. Yes it would nice in future versions to have pixels shown between objects without the need for guidelines, but despite that its certainly no deal breaker for me. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the request. I use this all the time myself in other apps so I definitely understand how useful it would be!

4 Likes