Photo gallery slider

Slider is built inside a symbol. User should just slide the slider to move to different pictures in different scenes, but it won’t do it. I am either doing something wrong in the symbol commands like “0n symbol unload” or I am doing something wrong in the Actions inspector. Sorry this is probably a simple request, but I can’t get the slider to move the scenes.

Hi Steve,

Can you post the Project. It will help people to help you work out what is going on without guess.

Cheers

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help. Attached is the file.
I am sure its a simple answer, but the slider just moves on its ownCat.hype.zip (1.7 MB)

add a second timelineaction to the stoppoints within symbol-slider : -> go to scene …

1 Like

Hans is spot on.
The second timeline action needs to jump to the corresponding scene, not next or previous.
This will allow you to go back and forth.

You will also need to add the timeline actions at the beginning of the timeline for scene one or you will not be able to go back to it.

Nice idea by the way.

Thanks Mark and Hans, it does seem to work in this format.

I did try using the Timeline actions before, but found that I could not get back
to the first picture, but it must have been because I was creating 2 separate time line actions, one for pause and one for next scene, but combined, it seems to work.

Thanks again

You probably already planning to…

But you can also add actions to the click action of the thumbnails. So when the user wants to click a thumb to jump to an image they can. You would also need to make sure the click goes to the right part of the timeline so the slider moves.

i.e

Thankyou Mark, for the extra advice. Yes, I am planning to do as you say. Originally that was not working but with your hint its ok.

Thank you again