Pacman made with Hype

indeed … :sunglasses:

did you try to convert this game with phonegap to iOS yet?

@strmiska no, just fun. you can do so if you'd like to :smile:

fixed :smile:

also added a jump feature on spacebar to get out of risky situation :slight_smile: but be careful it may be the jump to a ghost :slight_smile:

1 Like

no, this is your copyright and your game! :smile:
I’m not nearly as good at coding as you´re.
i created several very simple hype-games for children and used phonegap to convert to iOS and android.
it´s realy easy. i think this must be a no-brainer for you. :wink:

by the way my question:
i try to rebuild your collision detection. am i right, this is?:

function checkForGhostHit(newX, newY){};

Hi,

it’s this example [link][1]
It fits nice for the pacman, as it works with less code.

it checks if a given point is within a polygon.
[1]: Drag element limited by 'container' without additional js-library

I got the top score! (though it shows up twice for some reason).

This is amazing and also holding up the release of Hype 3.5 :smile:.

1 Like

congrats :wink:

for sure ... :scream:

The game is quite hard¿ You may get it easier if you'd like to eat a few ghosts :smile:
So what's new? There are two magicpoints on board. Eat them and you'll have five seconds to eat as much ghosts as you can ...

It's been a hotshot, so may be buggy :smile:
Her you go:
pacman

ah, guess you died while getting the last coin :slight_smile: i'll have a look ...

I liked the difficulty before, but I think this balances it better because I can go for speed runs and really take care of a good number of ghosts (especially if they get stuck in trickier places).

I was able to beat it in 44 seconds (after many tries) :smiley:.

1 Like

So i did a final change before going mobile … :smile:

the red coins where now located in the edges of the playground.
you can eat them, pacman will become red. means he’s got the possibility to eat the ghosts himself .
to activate this ability you’ve got to press ‘Enter’ … whenever you want …
so it’s up to the player to collect this strength and use it whenever it’s needed

enter link description here

any buggy behaviour?!

You can move before the game actually begins. This caused pac man to be embedded half inside the walls. Also the top 10px of the screen are hidden in Safari 9 for me.

D

hey, thx @DBear … you’re getting better :wink:

issue nbr 01: guess fixed ¿!
issue nbr 02: no idea on this :confused: . the min screen for desktop is 768px

This is what I can see.

D

hi @DBear thx for posting. for me it still looks like you height is less then 768px. Thought it would be a good minHeight for desktopcomputers and also fits nice iPadfullscreen. Anyway, did a scale depending on height. So if it’s less then 768px it’ll scale down. Height > 768 nothing will be scaled. I#m not quite happy with scaling though … the rsult will always be a bit ‘inaccurate’ …

desktopPlusScale
Just for amuse did a bit on the ghosts too :slight_smile:

Works!! BTW my available screen in Safari when maximised is height 760px.

My Macbook is a 13.3" (1280 x 800) default resolution so minus the menu bar plus the Safari toolbar leaves approx 740px - 760px of available height.

D

hi @DBear thx for explanation :smile:

project:
i declare my game-study for ended :slight_smile: it basically should run on desktop and tablets!

thx a lot for creative thinking of all persons involved! I’ve learned a lot while testing the new Beta with this and came along with the conclusion that with the help of the new getterSetterproperties hype has done a big step towards a software that can be used to build 2d games that can do more than just calling a bunch of timelines.

Hope this getterSetterHandling will be improved and expanded!

gamelink
hypefile:
pacman_151030.hype.zip (393.3 KB)

P.S. Please be patient with this coding mess :wink:

4 Likes

I think you chose the right way to go and keep it simple rather than going down the joystick idea which I found had too much to try and control ( mainly the speed) when the original tap controls already worked well.

Like your design of tap controller. Much better.

@MarkHunte not right sure :slight_smile: one step per tap is better than an interval starting on tap and stopping on touchup, but say you’ll do a combination: on touchstart === one step + initialize a setTimeout which starts an interval say after 300msec; touchup = clearInterval
this may be a nice control :slight_smile:

Added a welcomescreen that displays the name of the player and his personal highscrore. It’s finished by a funny :wink: gamelike animation …
gamelink

1 Like

okay, it took a while, but I finally beat my old time by .3 seconds :smiley:.

1 Like