Outline View - a powerful way to build scenes

1. What do you want to see in Hype?
    Outline View similar to Keynotes Outline View

2. Have you found a workaround for this problem?
    Not quite.

3. Are there examples of other apps with this feature? Or, have you seen examples of this elsewhere on the web? (Please include a URL)

This post by Dave DeLong says it all.

1. How high of a priority is this for you?

[X] Nice to Have
[ ] Important
[ ] Can’t use Hype without it

1 Like

Thanks for for the request, Aaron!

I like the idea to create multiple scenes in this way but… in the keynote video the actual powers is to allow the quick creation of multiple level with the bullet points (slides outline) etc. How would that translate into Hype in your opinion?

Thank you for proposing that challenge MaxZieb. I see this function as one in which
a. the scene title is an automatic default for a textbox that is a field called “title”

b. auto-populating for this default field could be toggled on or off

c. An additional level could be translated as either a second default textbox called “description”, or the level could be a new scene. One in which the thumbail is indented - similar to how slide thumbnails in Keynote can be indented.

Your welcome. Something it helps to put things into word to see if they make sense.

Hmmm… I like the feature in keynote as it’s a software to create and hence plan a presentation and what better way then starting with an outline.

In Hype the planning would be rather an art board. In my workflows these art boards are in Adobe XD and the bridge between Hype and external software is currently and sadly pretty poorly developed. Any import that doesn’t involve rebuilding a design again would be a real game changer for a hand off from planning to animation and programming.

1 Like