New Mobile App released based on Hype and Ionic

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know about my new mobile app that utilizes Hype!

It’s called PomoTimer, for use with the Pomodoro Technique, you can check it out here:
www.jobslah.com/a/pomotimer

The mobile app is built using the Ionic Framework and the Hype portion is the Timer page run within an Ionic iFrame with local storage used to facilitate syncing.

Here are some interesting facts:
a) indent preformatted text by 4 spaces`The physics engine is very choppy on an iPhone 5 but is actually smoother on a Galaxy S4. Which was surprising to me since the iPhone feels much faster/responsive in daily tasks.

b) When the physics engine is turned on (like the falling balls in the last help page) the cpu gets pegged at 94%.

c) indent preformatted text by 4 spaces`Also, running the Hype Timeline will peg the iPhone 5 at around 60+%, I’m guessing because it’s running at 30fps.

So to get around this I manually advance the timeline via a javascript timer every second.

I also disable physics until the timer ends and enable it to run animations and then disable it again.

So the timer has gone down from 90+% cpu utilization to around 11-14% on an iPhone 5 (which is my base and lowest hardware that I’m supporting).

Please take a look and provide feedback and feature enhancements either here or preferably as a review at one of the app stores.

On a separate note, I’d also like to encourage Tumult to create an Angular Module that wraps the objects and APIs. I know people have gotten it working but I can’t find any info on how it was done. I think the Angular Module done by Tumult would be fairly simple for them to do even if it’s a work in progress.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Testing it now! Android, very good impression

Thanks!

The Android version for some reason won’t play the sound when the timer is finished. It was working in an earlier version. Anyway, I’ll fix it on the next update!

Jake2600,

Thanks for sharing the app. :ok_hand:

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like