New Hype 4.1.1. Update | Large HYPE-708.*.min.js file

Hey guys,

what did you change in this update? I am exporting banners and the *.js file is huge.
This will result in a problem for the advertisement branch of Hype.

They look the same to me? (Exported a blank document)

Interesting. How come I am exporting the thin.min.js before the patch and now all I get is the full.min.js, @Daniel.

Can you send us an email so we can see what you have in your document which is requiring FULL?

The document you DM'ed us has Vector Shapes in it, which requires the HYPE-NNN.full.min.js runtime. This has not changed from v4.0.0 to v4.1.1, and there are no other changes that would have modified the logic of the choices. Perhaps you added these elements at the same time as upgrading?

In fact, the runtime sizes dropped by 20 bytes between v4.0.6 and v4.1.1:

thin.min.js full.min.js
v4.0.6 56,715 93,264
v4.1.1 56,695 93,244

I would recommend looking at the sizes and make sure they match. If for some reason the runtime sizes are much bigger, it could be that you are using the hidden preference to export an unminified version, which I have sometimes suggested to hackers on the forums. You can reset this by entering this command int he Terminal:

defaults delete com.tumult.Hype4 UseFullHypeJSTemplate

We do carry an archive of older versions here:

https://tumult.com/hype/download/all/

The document format is the same in 4.0.6 and 4.1.1, so you can try the older version with your document and there won't be any incompatibilities. It might be good to look at all the exported files and make sure the sizes are the same. When I do so with a standard export, the only difference I see is the 20 fewer bytes from the runtime change.

1 Like

Hmm,

I just noticed I am exporting both files and pretty sure I did use the terminal to set it at some point in the past.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 02.02.36

I just ran the defaults delete in Terminal and it exited on a new line which indicates the property existed.

But I still getting the full.min and the thin.min ??

The UseFullHypeJSTemplate default is about using a mininfied vs unminified version, not about including the thin and full runtimes.

Hype will export the thin runtime if it is determined your document uses a limited subset of Hype's features. If we know ahead of time that you use features that are not in the thin runtime, Hype will only include the full runtime. There are certain exports where we don't know what might happen when the page is run - for example if the document normally with a subset of features but the visitor is on IE 6, then we need to ship them the full runtime since IE 6 support is only included in that file.

Basically it is pretty typical that the thin and full runtimes are both exported. Only one will be used though.

Thanks,
Probably should have known that, just mind blank I guess on remembering seeing both most often.

1 Like