Moving between scenes - beginner question

Hi,

I’m sorry if this sounds like a daft question but I’m new to Hype and I’m having some difficulty learning how to transition between two scenes.

I’m creating a very simple animation that consists of three 5 second scenes. At the and of each 5 second timeline I want to transition between them, creating a single 15 second animation, but I cannot find a way to do so. I’ve had to resort to exporting the three 5 second clips as separate MP4 movies and then stitching them together instead, very clunky.

I’ve added the time line action to move to the next scene, selected the scene name and chosen a transition style but these seem to have no impact. When I play the first scene the animation simply stops at the end of the first 5 second scene and doesn’t transition to the second scree.

I’d really appreciate if someone could take a look at the attached zip file and show me where I’m going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Hype work sample .zip (665.7 KB)

Mike

Transitions do not happen/show within Hype. :relaxed:
However using the preview function, your transitions show up as intended here. :grinning:

Rick,

Thank you so much!!

You’re completely right, the exported video works just as I wanted it to.

I can’t tell you how much time and frustration you’ve saved me.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge, I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Mike.