Morphing shapes: from singular to multiple?

I’m going to assume this is not possible, but worth chatting about it and seeing if I’m going about this all wrong.

I’m using Hype to morph vector shapes, animating points via keyframing. It’s been a lot of fun, and so far, so good. Here’s a brief test:

Here’s the issue. I now want to to take that last shape, and ‘break it apart’ into four other shapes, as such:

I haven’t been able to get this to morph because it’s now obviously four vectors/shapes instead of the one I had just been working with. Is there a way to accomplish this? (Or to even make the four smaller rectangles ‘come back together’ combining into a bigger singular piece?)
1 Like

There’s not a way to do this right now; it is a goal for a future version. Primarily the issue is that vector shapes themselves are limited to a single path.

You can do it more manually and have the start be 4 separate vector shapes that start as the same shape but end up in a different one. This would work pretty well for the example you posted, but might not yield desired results in all cases.

1 Like

Ah, bummer. Appreciate the speedy response, however!

1 Like