Missing Scene Thumbnail Previews Issue

I’m using Version 3.6.7 (596) Professional Edition and my scene previews disappeared at some point in the last few hours of work. Not a recovered file.

Just for the record, I’m in Saudi, so if you do fix it this time Daniel, I won’t be buying you a drink. :wink:

Resolved: Missing Scene Previews in Hype Pro 3.0.3

There’s a known issue where setting rotation (Y or X) on an element or adding a video to a scene can sometimes cause the scene thumbnails to stop generating. Could you share it with us via the Help > Report a bug menu?

not done either of those to any of my projects. Yes, I’ll report it when I get back to work tomorrow.

forgot to do this until today but despite several attempts, the Hype Issue Reporter times out repeatedly when I try to submit the issue either with or without projects attached.

So, how do you report an issue with the Hype Issue Reporter?

(Jonathan Deutsch) #5

Hmm, weird that it is timing out. You are free to simply email a zip of the document to support@tumult.com. It’d also be useful to get the HypeLog.txt file that might elaborate on the issue reporter timing out. You can get this by choosing Go > Go to Folder… in the finder and enter in ~/Library/Containers/com.tumult.Hype2/Data/Library/Logs/

heh… I would be “free to simply email a zip of the document” if gmail didn’t block it as an attachment.

I tried resubmitting the issue using the Reporter and it didn’t time out today. I presume it was just a network glitch yesterday.

(Jonathan Deutsch) #7

Cool - thanks for sending it along.

so I got an email from support after submitting my file saying that it was the following CSS that I had in my external CSS file which was clashing with the scene thumb generation somehow:

body:before {
content: "";
display: block;
position: fixed;
left: 0;
top: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
z-index: -10;
background: url(bg.jpg) center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: 100% 100%;
}

It so happens that, yesterday, we decided we didn’t want to set the background image this way and had already removed that code. I didn’t notice the connection at the time but, yes, the scene thumbnails are back without that code in the CSS.

Apparently, a bug report has been filed for this issue.