Missing Scene Thumbnail Previews Issue

I’m using Version 3.6.7 (596) Professional Edition and my scene previews disappeared at some point in the last few hours of work. Not a recovered file.

Just for the record, I’m in Saudi, so if you do fix it this time Daniel, I won’t be buying you a drink. :wink:

There’s a known issue where setting rotation (Y or X) on an element or adding a video to a scene can sometimes cause the scene thumbnails to stop generating. Could you share it with us via the Help > Report a bug menu?

not done either of those to any of my projects. Yes, I’ll report it when I get back to work tomorrow.

1 Like

forgot to do this until today but despite several attempts, the Hype Issue Reporter times out repeatedly when I try to submit the issue either with or without projects attached.

So, how do you report an issue with the Hype Issue Reporter?

Hmm, weird that it is timing out. You are free to simply email a zip of the document to support@tumult.com. It’d also be useful to get the HypeLog.txt file that might elaborate on the issue reporter timing out. You can get this by choosing Go > Go to Folder… in the finder and enter in ~/Library/Containers/com.tumult.Hype2/Data/Library/Logs/

heh… I would be “free to simply email a zip of the document” if gmail didn’t block it as an attachment.

I tried resubmitting the issue using the Reporter and it didn’t time out today. I presume it was just a network glitch yesterday.

Cool - thanks for sending it along.

so I got an email from support after submitting my file saying that it was the following CSS that I had in my external CSS file which was clashing with the scene thumb generation somehow:

body:before {
content: "";
display: block;
position: fixed;
left: 0;
top: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
z-index: -10;
background: url(bg.jpg) center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: 100% 100%;
}

It so happens that, yesterday, we decided we didn’t want to set the background image this way and had already removed that code. I didn’t notice the connection at the time but, yes, the scene thumbnails are back without that code in the CSS.

Apparently, a bug report has been filed for this issue.

1 Like