Line-height and undo using its slider issues: Line height set to 0 on Undo

Is this a Bug or Not? When selecting a text element Hype's default font is set 16px and a line-height is set to 18px, when changing the line-height value from 18 to 20px's for instance using the slider and undoing by hitting command+z the value is automatically is reset 0 and the undo is basically broken at that point for line-height. Interestingly, redo is working for line-height but not undo to change it back to 18px instead of 0px?

Can someone verify this on Mojave 10.14.6 and later?

Line height is not set by default in Hype (the browser computes it as 'auto'). It's true that there's a bug where undoing will set it to '0' instead of unsetting it / aka reverting normal. Maybe we should allow disabling line-height to revert back to 'normal'. Thanks for reporting!

You are 100% correct in what happens behind the scenes but looking at the UI panel/pallet its 18px see screenshot, I was going by what I saw in hype or seen for years now.

I would certainly hope you treat this as a bug and fix it rather than disable the "undo" or "revert" it back if I'm understanding correctly you want to disable the undo all together?

No decisions made, but I feel like we should allow you to select 'normal' ( a real CSS property ) for line height and also honor undos. For me, a new text element has no Line Height, and I have a funny feeling @jonathan knows why.

@Daniel it only happens with the slider, the input field of line height values work really well, undos & redos work properly. That slider you have is the main culprit.

Don't worry - we are fully aware of the underlying issue and plan to only expand typographical capabilities, not limit them, with a fix.

2 Likes

All I do is worry these days.