Letting animation finish before going to different scene

I’ve been searching to see if there were any discussions around this but did not find the answer I was looking for. I was wondering is there a way to let the animation finish before jumping to a different scene? Or would I have to create separate hype files to link each page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

This really depends on how you are going to another scene.
If by user interaction then you would use some code to check if a timeline is running etc.

But for a prober answer we would need to know what you are doing and possibly an example setup project. Otherwise we are just guessing…

1 Like
  • If you are just looking to have an scene transition always at the end of an animation, you can use a Timeline Action to jump to the next scene.
  • If you have a scene transition, but want to play some sort of closing animation on the scene first, you can use the On Scene Unload handler in the Scene Inspector to Start Timeline… and then this timeline will play all the way through, and finish the scene transition when done.
  • If you have a running timeline, then have an interaction/event causing a scene transition, but want that existing running timeline to always play to completion, it is a little trickier. You’d think you could do a Continue Timeline… action within the On Scene Unload handler, but that won’t work (I’d call this a bug). Instead you’d probably just set a javascript variable/flag and then check that via timeline action at the end of a timeline; if it is set you can jump to a different scene.

Like @MarkHunte said, to give more advice we’d need more details on your current setup and what you’re trying to accomplish.

1 Like

I will put together a working prototype so it is a bit more clear. But, I think it is the 3rd point that you make.

What I’m trying to do is, after an “on click” there will be some kind of animation and the scene would jump after the animation.

Again, thank you for all the help!

I would have said that that is option 1.

wow.hype.zip (14.3 KB)

2 Likes

Wow, such an easy solution!

Thanks for the help.