KEEN – Key Environment for Developers

(𝕄𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕖𝕝 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕠) #1

Here’s a quick app I threw together with Hype and Wrapping.

It’s a quick way to show the KeyCode number, which is useful for building control systems in HTML games. The description on the product page explains more.

To celebrate the launch, it’s a free download. :slightly_smiling_face:
(So, get it while it’s free!)

(𝕄𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕖𝕝 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕠) #2

Hmm… KEEN might be more useful than I thought.

Ha ha, test those keys. :smile:

Also, does everyone let’s know how KeyCodes work, or do you need a tutorial?

(Luc Prévost) #3

Hi Michael,

Downloaded your app.
It’s great, I have no use for it.

I checked your site.
I like your writing.

luc

PS: is your book still useful for Hype today ?

(𝕄𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕖𝕝 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕠) #4

HA HA. I’m glad to hear that! :smile:

I’m considering adding new features and which might make it more useful.

Hey, great! I’m glad you like my website.

It’s probably still useful. There’s really only one section that’s really obsolete. That’s the Hype-To-App section. I wouldn’t use that code. Wrapping is so much better. The slide puzzle is also… ehhh… I probably could make that better. I don’t think it needs sliced images. Last time I tried to use Pixelmator to slice an image, it crashed. So, I’ve been thinking about rewriting the tutorial to use a single image.

At some point, Hype 4 will be released. A lot of the information in the book is still the same. But because there are so many new features in Hype 4, I really should update the book.

So, to be fair to the people that already bought the Hype 3.5 book, I’m thinking of shutting down sales while I write the Hype 4 book. (I’m not doing anything right now as Hype 4 is still in Beta. I’m waiting to see what happens with Physics, as that could dramatically change the direction of the book.) It will probably take me 3-6 months to create a new version of the book.

Note: There’s still a possibility I won’t write a new version of the book. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to write a book. I’m not sure if there’s enough demand to justify the work involved.

A Book About Hype (3.5+Pro) – NOW AVAILABLE! 📘
(Luc Prévost) #5

Thank you for the answer.
I bought Hype because of Physics.
But never had the time to really learned to use it… because I’m writing a book. :wink:
I started to create a very simple old game (in the real world ) but quickly hit a wall.

When I saw you were Photics, I thought, well maybe it’s a sign.

Is there a release date for Hype 4 ?

(𝕄𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕖𝕝 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕠) #6

Three months ago :crazy_face:

Tumult was aiming for a Q1 / Spring launch, but it looks like they’re putting more work into the update. It’s cool. They might as well wait for macOS 10.14 now.