Despite much effort, I can't figure out how to have scenes run sequentially and automatically. In the timeline of each scene, I have an jump-to-next scene action, but it never fires, whether in preview mode or when it's exported to an mp4 file. AS
There's probably an obvious solution but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.
There can be various reasons for this. It would be good if you could provide the Hype file.
Is the action on the main timeline? Like Kalle said and the problem persists, you should share a simple example. If you can’t share your file recreate the problem in a new file.
Max & Kalle,
Thanks so much for your replies. As you suggested, I’m attaching a sample of what I’m trying to do. The problem remains that I can’t figure out how to export the four scenes in a movie (or other format) that flows from one scene to the next. The “Action” to “Jump” to the next scene that I included doesn’t have any effect. After exporting to a movie, only the first scene runs.
Thanks again for any help you can provide.
All the best.
Metronome Test 5NOV23.hype.zip (103 KB)
Step 1: Select the Spot on the Timeline
- Move your cursor along the main timeline at the top of the screen to the exact point where you want the action to occur. This could be at a specific time or measure. The timeline playhead should be placed where you want to add the transition ①, indicating the desired point in time on the timeline.
Step 2: Add a New Timeline Action
- Click on the plus (+) icon labeled with ② in the timeline actions panel on the left side of the screen. This will add a new action at the point you've selected on the timeline. A new action item will appear on the timeline, indicating where the action will take place.
Step 3: Configure the Timeline Action
- A small configuration window labeled ③ will pop up, allowing you to set the specifics of the action you've added. Here you can:
- Choose the type of action you want to occur from the 'Action' dropdown menu, such as "Jump to Scene…".
- Select which scene to jump to from the 'Scene' dropdown menu. You can choose "Next Scene" or any specific scene you've created.
- Pick the type of 'Transition' that will occur during the action, such as 'Instant' for no transition effect.
- Set the 'Duration' if a transition effect is chosen, to determine how long the transition will last.
It worked !
I was using the wrong drop-down menu to try to set the actions and really appreciate that you set me on the right path.
Thanks a million.