Hi I am having a problem working with json files within Hype. Here’s what I am trying to do and what is happening:
- I have a Hype project that has 150 json files in the resources folder.
- The json files are linked to hype from a folder in an external HD
- When I open the folder from the external HD in my text editor and make a change to any of the json files Hype recognises the change and updates the file in the resource folder -perfect!
- This is exactly what I need it to do however I am working from two computers one in a home office and one in my usual office so the path to the files is different on one machine and I need to relink the json files every time I open the hype project on my home computer.
Heres the issue:
- When I open the hype project on my home computer the directory where hype is looking for the json files has changed slightly so all files are unlinked.
- To solve this I open the hype project and delete all jsons then reimport them from the hard-drive again thus resolving the link in Hype.
- This approach has worked fine up until the number of files has increased and now hype doesn’t recognise that i have updated the files.
- I have tried to reimport 30 files at a time and this works some of the time but is not reliable.
Question: Is there any way to update the path to these 150 json files manually within Hype instead of deleting and trying to reimport the files each time.
My feelings are that this could be done using the data.plist file but I don’t know anything about it so am reluctant to make changes.
Any help would be much appreciated.