Is there a way to position relative to other elements instead of absolute positions?

Can I specify placement of an element relative to another one - example can we specify position of a circle as 20 pixels from the bottom of a rectangle above it? The rectangle is scalable and fits the width and height of the viewport so we do not really know the absolute height of the rectangle…

I am using hype 3.5 pro and tried unpinning the circle to make it float but that didnt work either.

Attached the hype document here…responsivetest.zip (18.0 KB)

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #2

group them and apply … to the group

Thank you again Hans… It works but there is one issue with it. I am unable to scale the rectangle to fit the width and height of the viewport. if I group it.

When I group and use zoom the width of the rectangle fits the screen width but the height is not adjusted to fit the screen height and instead it scrolls.

I do not want the rectangle to be scrolling - i wanted the rectangle to fit the height of the screen too.

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #4

hypes basics are animating with absolute positioning. the added reponsiveness feature is clearly limited. advanced requirements will lead in custom solutions :slight_smile: