Is there a way to import editable Shapes from Illustration Programms?

I use Illustrator and Affinity Designer to create complex shapes. Is there a way to import them (or drag and drop or copy/paste them) into hype, so that the paths are editable?

1 Like

While images/SVGs exported from other tools can be imported to Hype as images, there’s not presently a way to edit their paths with v4’s vector shape tools.

While we don’t make promises about specific features or their release dates, we’re aware of how powerful this would be and it was by far the most requested feature from beta testers!

4 Likes

So, basically. You have to import an SVG, then draw out a vector shape on top of it?
You cannot copy and paste points to any other software?
That is a bit cumbersome…

1 Like

It all depends on what your goal is. Fact is Hype doesn’t support SVG native and rather has it’s own store format. The runtime does generate a SVG on the fly from it, though. But it’s true that this could be improved. I guess it comes down to native SVG support or a built in on the fly converter between the native point management in the Hype vector tool and the SVG standard. Also looking forward what direction this is going to take. For now we have to “work around” but still Hype is the best solution, for me at least.

If your task cannot live without direct SVG maybe a combination of illustrator and https://spiritapp.io/ works for you. I personally love Hype.

1 Like

Coming back this nearly 2 years later--is it still not possible to bring in AI paths as Hype vectors?

1 Like

I wrote Export To Hype Illustrator for internal use. Will release it very soon.

4 Likes

Cannot wait for this :point_up: Can I have a early sneak peek?

it'll be an export of elements and /or levels to a hypetemplate/symbol with correct positions¿
or did you find a way to import a illustratorpath as native hypepath?

Yeah, sorry wanted to release it already. It is sitting on my hard drive for the last 4 weeks. I was not even working on it but just the time for writing some documentation and all those things have been too much last weeks.

It is just that plus a boatload of "professional" exports like CSS classes.
I do support Hype native Text elements … Hype doesn't really have native vectors. It only has the vector tool and that only allows for on path per element. So, I'd rather not go down that road for now. But exporting a single path would be nice to add.

3 Likes