Is it possible to place an iFrame within a Hype document?

iframe

(Trey Yancy) #1

Is it possible to place an iFrame within a Hype document?

(Andrew) #2

HTML Widget is an iFrame wrapped within a Div. So you need to access the iFrame with some code, or the better way if you need to access it dynamically is by using a rectangle element, and <iframe id="myiFrame"></iframe>. I say this because you cannot add an ID to the iframe itself, only the Div that wraps it :slight_smile:

(Nick ) #3

Yes
Check out a site I made using PHP in an iFrame that will make a QR code for the user.
http://gressle.com/QRCode.html

You just need to put the html widget element into your hype document and then edit it to display the url for the other site.

(Trey Yancy) #4

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

(Trey Yancy) #5

I found an inconsistency.

I created an object, sized it to the dimensions of my video, pasted in the iFrame code via HTML properties, and clicked out of it. The code showed up as text. I took a look and noticed that Hype had inserted a div and swapped out the carets within the iFrame code for caret character codes. I replaced the caret character codes with carets and everything was fine.

Then, as a test, I created another object, left it at the default size and pasted in the iFrame code. No problems. The poster frame instantly appeared. Then I set the object to the desired size.

Not sure why it messes with the formatting when pasting into a resized object….