Is it possible to add audio narration to animations

Hello Everyone,

I have just come across Hype. It looks really great. But I have one very important question as I am looking to use this for education, is it possible to add audio narration to animations?

I understand you can add audio and video files. But ideally, I would want the audio file to start when the animation starts. I have played around with Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline before, and I realise this a different type of product, but I just want to know if I can add audio to narrate the animation. I would like the adidio to start automatically in the timeline. Can the audio be added to the timeline? If yes, can it be done without knowing coding?

Thank you.

Ryan

you can start audio from a timelineaction … however autoplay will be blocked by most modern browsers. it’s recommend to start audio by click or touchstart …

this is a general restriction regardless which tool you’ll use to publish regular html.

if you plan to include the hypexport as webview within an app you should be able to allow autoplay within app-settings.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. I am looking to use this on browsers, on desktops as well as mobiles.

So let me make sure I have understood you correct, if the end user clicks play or clicks on a button, my animation and my narrations should be able to play together, correct?

I plan to go through the manual of Hype in detail because I really like the potential of this product. However, would you say this is fairly easy to do?

Thanks again.

Yes

Adding a button that starts an audio and a timeline is easy. However achieving a 100 % sync may be of some complexity ...

1 Like

Thank you. I am very grateful. :slight_smile: