Introducing Hype Symbol Override Extension - Override Symbol Instance properties -v1.1.4

Thanks Mark. Here it is:
overrideExample.zip (44.6 KB)

The intent of the extension is to setup multiples of a symbol with different properties at run time.

All changes take place at run time.

If you hit a button to change one of these attributes/properties after that time, it is to late. The extension has already run.

Saying that, back when I first published the extension v1.1.4, I already had extended it to create and run custom events in a inhouse version 1.1.5 - 6.

The intent of this is you would be able to populate the attributes with special custom data-binding-names that signified it will be using an event listener so do not run until that is fired.

You would add code ( a couple of lines ) to have the extension build your custom events.
And use the stem() function to catch the events and either run on the attributes or do something else. ( more code)

This allowed for the extension to become interactive, i.e events triggered by timeline or buttons.

The later versions are still in house only I am afraid. They work well but took the extension to an advanced level which I honestly have not gotten around to deploying or documenting as well having a really good use case for throwing it in the mix.

So the v1.1.4 will not do what you want where as v.1.5-6 will.

But as I said the intent of the main extension is initial set up. Even with the custom Events.

So even if you did have v1.1.5-6 I feel it would be overkill in your use case.
For the level of dynamic interaction you intend I think it would best if you use the extension for the initial setup.

And then much simpler to use the normal Hype API to do the interactions after.

i.e just change the image using normal hype code or keyframes.

1 Like