Infographic - The Boeing 737 Max

Ever wondered, what exactly is the problem with the Boeing 737 Max 8? Have a look at this infographic :slight_smile: Unfortunately only german language - I hope you can get the meaning from the illustrations and animations.

http://dpa-webgrafik.s3.amazonaws.com/webgrafik/items/wg_index/index_2019_04_04_boeingMax.html

7 Likes

That’s great - I love the interactive animations! Does it currently appear on a DPA story (do you have a live link?)

I’m wondering how you have it setup though? The position seems to jump back when I hit the mouse down; perhaps you have an unneeded start timeline action?

P.S. It makes me recall this Reuters piece on the 787 battery issue that was made with Hype :slight_smile:.

Hei Jonathan,

Does it currently appear on a DPA story (do you have a live link?)

Not yet, it will be published on monday. As soon as there is a client URL avaiable I could post a link to the forum.

The position seems to jump back when I hit the mouse down; perhaps you have an unneeded start timeline action?

Indeed there was - thanks for that information. I used this startTimeline Action in order to fix a bug(?) where not all objects (arrows and arrow shafts) were affected when starting the timeline:

I fixed that now in a way by sending the timeline to 00:00:00 when the actual time is <0.1 before starting the drag event. Quiet funky but it works... :slight_smile:

Hmm do you mind posting the zip of the .hype document or sending it to me privately? If you have the original before and the one after the fix that’d be useful to take a look at. Thanks!

Hei Jonathan,
sorry for the late answer. My hype files need a certain infrastructure to get them working… So I tried to extract a version that works without this infrastructure. Only - I can´t reproduce the behaviour in this new file… :thinking::smiley: So I think it has to do with exactly this infrastructure… Anyway - have a look at the file if you want to. You´ll find the slide button in scaleWrapper[1 or 2]/grafik_2_1/grafik_2_1/Grafik/slider - it fires ‘dpa_prepareForDrag’. The commented lines represent my ‘hack’…
By the way - feature request - is there a way to have animated arrows - meaning: - I´d like to animate arrow shafts and arrow heads in one operation without having to animate the arrow heads separately. It´s an easy job if the arrow is straight, but if this is not the case (curve etc.) - it drives me crazy :slight_smile: Regards!
publish.zip (210.7 KB)

Thanks! It does seem to work now; my guess would be that you had keyframes on the slider control on the “sprechblase” timeline, so when you set the time on that you may have also been affecting the slider itself.

Hello,

Hello, I used to open this file but I have an error message:
The document you are trying to open has been created with a newer version of Hype and can not be displayed. The document you are trying to open has been created with a newer version of Hype and can not be displayed. . "
hype-version-old%3F

But I have the latest version of hype.
last-update-ok

Thanks

Hi Pierre. My file is built with the Hype 4 Beta Version. You can still try to apply for Beta testing and get your copy of Hype 4 Beta.

Thank you for your quick reply. I just wanted to know how interactivity works between the cursor and the graph.
Is this a new feature of version 4 or does it work with version 3?

The interactivity is not a new feature - it´s just about controlling a timeline while dragging the button - you already do have this function in Hype 3 - and of course a little bit of javascript. What´s new in Hype 4 is the ability to draw lines. This is a great new feature!