Indépendant instance of symbol

Hey Guys i absolutely love pairing up sketch with hype. Some times i prefer to try and accomplish most of my work within hype, but find myself having to spend more time in sketch then id like to. I would love to see Hype adopt a capability sketch offers and that is the ability to detach an instance of a symbol and make it independent. this would be great to be able to duplicate symbols and give them unit changes for different layouts must many other possibilities.

3 Likes

There is no trick to “detach from symbol” right now, right?

I just wanted to add, that detaching a symbol from its origin is also comfortable to copy complete animations from one scene to another without losing keyframes.

You could just make a animation a symbol, copy it to a new scene and detach it.

If you want to “detach” (different than deconstruct) you can choose the ‘Symbol > Make Duplicate Symbol’ menu. This will make a new symbol, which is then detached from the others.

(It would be neat to detach individual properties, but that’s entirely different).

If you’re just looking to undo the making of a symbol, you’d need to copy out elements and their animations manually.