Imported video makes scene icon blank

I just imported a video into my Hype document and the Scene Icon in the Scenes column on the left went white. If I delete the video, the preview returns. I’m not sure if this is a known bug or not. It was a .mov file imported from my hard drive.

This is nothing to worry about. The timed thumbnail generation is probably off time as it loads the big video.

Do you see the issue if you use a MP4 video file instead? (Ideally, the video would be encoded with the H264 codec). It may be that the mov format is in a codec that Hype has trouble making thumbnails for.

As an aside - I use “.mov” often without a thumbnail problem - but my videos are typically under 1 minute and super compressed as I use them as “guides” for creating audio~visual interactions.

Thanks for the places to look! I don’t think delayed thumbnail generation is the problem, although this is a large file (206.5 MB). Unless it takes many hours. I imported a smaller .mp4 video (15 MB) and experienced the same problem. Again, when I delete the video, the preview returns.

I am also working on another file having the same problem, only on that project, the scene has no videos, just a few buttons, rectangles, text fields, one photo and a logo. There are only two scenes in this project (each with two layouts-one for browser and one for iPhone). The first scene previews fine, the second shows white for both layouts. When I delete a filled rectangle that I have placed behind a semi-transparent photo, the scene preview comes back for the larger layout, but not for the iPhone size layout. There is nothing I can delete that restores the iPhone preview.

It appears to me that the scene previews are a bit flaky, but possible something with my system? I’m running High Sierra on a 2011 iMac.

This is a known issue, it has been fixed for the next major update!