iBooks/Epub ERROR

Hi,

Could you help me to solve the following epub error?
I have tried to update my ibooks to ibooks store, but I got the following error and can’t update my book.
The error said Hype3 widget has “ibooks:real-media-type” and I need to change it to “fallback”, “media-overlay” or “properties”.
But I couldn’t solve this problem even I change the widget source code.

I wonder why i got this error even I just use Hype3 default function to make my animation.

Error message

ERROR ITMS-9000: "bonzooenglishv1.4.epub: /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/Bon-HairDesingBook-PiLab/bonzoo-english-v1.4.itmsp/bonzooenglishv1.4.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2): [RSC-005] ファイル解析時のエラー '属性 "ibooks:real-media-type" はここには書けません. ; ここに書かれるべき属性は "fallback", "media-overlay" または "properties" です.'.. This error occurs 11 times.  (For more information refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6213)" at Book/BookAssets
	ERROR ITMS-9000: "bonzooenglishv1.4-preview.epub: /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/Bon-HairDesingBook-PiLab/bonzoo-english-v1.4.itmsp/bonzooenglishv1.4-preview.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2): [RSC-005] ファイル解析時のエラー '属性 "ibooks:real-media-type" はここには書けません. ; ここに書かれるべき属性は "fallback", "media-overlay" または "properties" です.'.. This error occurs 5 times.  (For more information refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6213)" at Book/BookAssets

I appreciate to have your helping.

Regards,
naho

Translation :

ERROR ITMS-9000: "bonzooenglishv1.4.epub: /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/Bon-HairDesingBook-PiLab/bonzoo-english-v1.4.itmsp/bonzooenglishv1.4.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2): [RSC - 005] Error during file parsing 'Attribute' ibooks: real - media - type 'can not be written here; Attributes to be written here are "fallback", "media - overlay" or "properties" '.. This error occurs 11 times. (For more information refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6213) "at Book / BookAssets
    ERROR ITMS-9000: "bonzooenglishv1.4-preview.epub: /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/Bon-HairDesingBook-PiLab/bonzoo-english-v1.4.itmsp/bonzooenglishv1.4-preview.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf (2): [RSC - 005] Error during file parsing 'Attribute' ibooks: real - media - type 'can not be written here; Attributes to be written here are "fallback", "media - overlay" Or "properties". .. This error occurs 5 times. (For more information refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6213) "at Book / BookAssets

Of the top of my head and since I do not know iBooks that well, have you check that the file type you have are all supported by iBooks, i.e videos

Also do you have any text to speech enable…

Dear MarkHunte,
Thank you for your prompt reply!

have you check that the file type you have are all supported by iBooks, i.e videos
I just used Hype3's widget and when I delete all widget from my epub, the error doesn't come up.
So, I guess the error come from Hype3.

Also do you have any text to speech enable..
So sorry but I can't get your point.. could you tell me more about your meaning?

Regards,
naho

Yes but do you have any files in the Hype resouces that may not be supported in iBooks.

media-overlay seem to point to this when I googled.

Thank you for your reply.

currently, I'm using .png and .svg file for the widget.
By a result I search google, both should work in iBooks..

Hi,
I just tried to change the "ibooks: real - media - type" to "madia-overlay" but still has error like following.

EPUB version 3.0.1 のルールを使って検証します.
ERROR(RSC-005): ./Desktop/bonzoo-english-test.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2,2928): ファイル解析時のエラー '属性 "media-overlay" の値が不正です. ; コロンを含まないXML名(NCName)でなくてはなりません.'.
ERROR(RSC-005): ./Desktop/bonzoo-english-test.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2,1339): ファイル解析時のエラー 'global media:duration meta element not set'.
ERROR(RSC-005): ./Desktop/bonzoo-english-test.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2,2928): ファイル解析時のエラー 'media overlay items must be of the 'application/smil+xml' type (given type was '')'.
ERROR(RSC-005): ./Desktop/bonzoo-english-test.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2,2928): ファイル解析時のエラー 'item media:duration meta element not set (expecting: meta property='media:duration' refines='#')'.
ERROR(OPF-043): ./Desktop/bonzoo-english-test.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2,2928): 非標準のメディアタイプ 'application/x-ibooks-html' を持ったspine要素はフォールバックできません.

The problem come from the following source of ibooks.opf made by Hype3.

Anyway, even only white page widget made from default setting of Hype3, I got same error when I use iBook Author html widget and the only white page Hype3 widget...

I appreciate if I have an more advice.

Regards,
Naho

Can you share your book & Hype document with us? You can email us here: contact@tumult.com.

Dear Daniel,
I very appreciate for your help.
I just sent email and my document information as title “ibooks-epub-error-11325”.
Please find it and let me know if you need more information.
Regards,
NaHo

HI,

Sorry for disturbing you but the below topic's error still hasn't been solved...

Let me have your help.

• Error Situation
    When I create iBooks Author widget with Hype3 and use it to publish ePub by iBooks Author, the following error came out with ePub checker and I can't publish the ePub for iBooks.

$ java -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -jar epubcheck.jar /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/testfile.epub

Validating using EPUB version 3.0.1 rules.

ERROR(RSC-005): /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/testfile.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2,1803): Error while parsing file 'attribute "ibooks:real-media-type" not allowed here; expected attribute "fallback", "media-overlay" or "properties"'.

ERROR(OPF-043): /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/testfile.epub/OPS/ibooks.opf(2,1803): Spine item with non-standard media-type 'application/x-ibooks-html' has no fallback.

WARNING(OPF-003): /Users/Nanaho/Desktop/testfile.epub/testfile.epub(-1,-1): Item 'iTunesArtwork' exists in the EPUB, but is not declared in the OPF manifest.

Check finished with errors

epubcheck completed

The error came out even if I use hype3 widget with just empty element.
Also the error isn't appeared without hype3 widget.
From the above situations, I guess this is Hype3's bug or something Hype3 problem....

The hype3 and iBook Author are the newest version.

I hope to have your helps again...

Thank you,
NaHo

I found this similar thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8093418

@Daniel even chimes in, so he might have more insight into what is going on. My guess is that text/html isn’t a valid mime type, as epubs need to be in xml. However Hype exports HTML, so iBooks Author is probably adding the application/x-ibooks-html type and ibooks:real-media-type attribute and to say it is non-standard, but would probably work correctly in the iBooks reader app. If I just change the media-type to text/html and remove the attribute it still fails the epubcheck tool, with the guess being HTML isn’t supported.

I don’t know what would happen if you remove the item from the ibooks.opf file entirely, but presumably the error is there for a reason. You may also be able to work around it using an iframe in your epub xml and then referencing the .hype document inside. Presumably you’d need to craft your own HTML Widget if you wanted to use iBooks Author.

Hello,

It seems that url is not accessible, please check the screenshot:

1 Like

Link worked for me…?

I am in China, and also I am using VPN to access this forum, is that the reason please?

Thanks

¯_(ツ)_/¯

That was a link to our old forums that would send us an email; instead one can just email contact@tumult.com directly.