Hypeanimations Wordpress plugin Notes and usage

I honestly do not use it much as I tend to embed directly but while just testing something with the Wordpress plugin, I thought for those that do;

It would be good to have a notes entry field in the hype animations creation so you can add some notes to explain what it is etc. when you look at the Manage animations list.
And possibly editable after creation.

Also but not sure how feasible, to have the list items update with a list/link to any posts of where they are being used.

Just a thought

2 Likes

Oh, that's a good idea! Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Great idea Mark! I made a 'notes' branch you can check out here:

(note, install this on a test site, not something mission-critical)

You can actually save a full URL in the notes field if you want.

This lets you save a wee little note for your animations. I do want to cleanup how the table looks now that the 'update' button updates the container class, div/iframe, and notes, but it's in a weird spot right in the center currently.

That seems tricky to search inside everything to find where shortcodes are used, but possible!

1 Like

Getting a oversized error when I try and upload to install.
Not installed a plugin this was from a gitHub zip.

Is there any thing I can do to shrink it..?

Update: Forget that the new cPanel tools make it easy to increase files size.

Excellent, that seems to work ok.

Had to remember to hit the Update button after adding a note.

1 Like

Fixed up the styling a little bit and figured out how to autosave notes (so the update button is only for the 'options' column.

Coming soon after I make sure everything will upgrade smoothly

2 Likes

Cool, let me know when to test.
Cheers

Here's a draft to test:
tumult-hype-animations.zip (192.1 KB)

The big change is the addition of notes, but there's also a lot of smaller updates. Would appreciate you giving it a test. The best thing to test actually is installing the plugin normally from the official repository (search tumult hype animations) and add a few animations. Next, overwrite your plugin with this zip file and make sure everything continues to work after the database upgrade.

1 Like

I uploaded from the Git Repo.

That all looked ok. Saw the update saved for the text and it does indeed auto save when you un focus from the text box.

One thing I did notice was on a second animation added, when I edit the note. the update saved notice appears in animation 1's box.

I then uploaded from the above file.

This did not overwrite, it gave me two copies.
I deactivated the first one and activated the second.

All seemed ok. But I am not sure this was how you meant to test.

Thanks! I fixed that up and published this update.

1 Like