Hype ScenePage (all scenes on one page)

Overview (so far):
Have you ever wanted to turn your scenes into one long page? This little extension does just that. It currently duplicates your document for each scene.

Sidenotes:
Hence to communicate across documents and to offer some more capabilities is the next step. This can be done with Hype GlobalBehavior already, but some included helper functions will make it even easier as we know about all the involved scenes (hypeDocuments). Also there is currently a slight delay as the followup scenes are generated after the first scene is initialized. This can be fixed in production sites and if there is demand I’ll probably make a tutorial on it. There will also be a keyword for scenes that shouldn’t be rendered this way (helper, modals etc.).

Preview it here (refresh browser after version bump):
HypeScenePage.html

Download it here:
HypeScenePage.zip

Versionhistory
0.9 (Beta) Initial release under MIT-license
1.0 (Beta) Code cleanup, added wrapper and helper functions (sticky etc.).

Hope you like it.

11 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

Wow, creating multiple documents for each is a very smart approach!

2 Likes

↑ look at project
1.0 (Beta) Code cleanup, added wrapper and helper functions (sticky etc.).

Hello, @MaxZieb .

I would like to use this Hype ScenePage extension to build website pages and I think it is amazing to have the freedom to work on every scene and put them together.

As I try in this demo All Scene 1 Page Demo.hype.zip (85.9 KB) , as I have 4 Scenes and for each of one 4 Layouts (mobile, 2 x iPad, desktop), when screens size changes there is a delay on page reaction / interpretation and a user can see a mix of layouts from different sizes… This is quick fixed by refreshing the browser.

Could you give me an advise how to fix it or how to force the scene or browser to refresh on layout change? Or would you recommend that I should I give up the layouts and keep only 1 size?

Thank you!
Ionut

I’ll have a look into this in the coming days as I always wanted to further development this idea anyway. All is very slow these days.

1 Like

Thank you for your support!
As I said, I believe that this Extension is amazing!