Hype good for newsletter development?

(Dennis van Leeuwen) #1

We normally write it in HTML with tables and in style code. Keep it very basic with two viewports.
Just looking to maybe expand on this point.

(Loves Hype) #2

Here you would run into Problems as JS is usually striped from HTML emails. As Hype relies on JS (layout, animation, DOM-Manipulation etc.) you can’t run it.

(Dennis van Leeuwen) #3

It kinda was a rhetorical question. Ah well lets see if Daniel of Mr. Deutsch reply. :slight_smile:
Thank you for you feedback Max.

(Loves Hype) #4

Rethorical? You lost me there. Without JS there is no Hype layout as Hype builds the layout with JS on the fly.

The most popular email provider in the universe is allowing their own (limited) JS within emails: https://www.ampproject.org/docs/interaction_dynamic/amp-email-format

And since we are considering a CSS + HTML only export option, we could accomplish a lot without JS. Good question!

It means a question that the asker already knows the answer but asks it to make a point.
e.g "Are you an idiot? … don’t bother, it was rhetorical.

Not sure if it was used correctly here :smiley: bit it was mentioned that it was “kinda” :slight_smile:

The amp project “amp4html” looks interesting but unfortunately I think (HTML) email is always gonna be the way it is as the reasons for not allowing JS are formed from a security standpoint and therefore HYPE won’t be a good source for building emails IMHO

(Dennis van Leeuwen) #7

But please look into it Daniel. :slight_smile:

(Loves Hype) #8

Wow… classy. Love this community.

(Dennis van Leeuwen) #9

As I wrote, please look into it.

:smiley: wasn’t a personal thing it’s just that’s the most common use in English. It’s normally a derogatory put down.

Others are …

• Is the pope Catholic?
  • Does a bear poop in the woods?

Less of a put down …

• Can we do better next time?
  • How many times do I have to tell you not to yell in the house?

(Gerard Girbes) #11

I will take a further look at the source, but for sure it’s interesting!

Making newsletters it’s not the kind of job you learn how to do one time, and then repeat. It’s depends a lot on context: hardware, software (client and server), etc.

Exiciting news if Hype will be prepared to export to HTML / CSS2 in a near future.