Hype crashes on startup. reinstalled and still crashes

Force quit hype (it was hanging on a save). Now each time it starts up., it crashes.
What I have done:

1. I dumped the preferences
  2. Dumped hype folder in app support
  3. Dumped program and redownloaded
  4. Reinstalled hype three times
  5. booted in safe mode

Nothing seems to work.
Get the welcome screen and crash!

Hype was working fine for two days... hung on a "save as..." so I force quit it.

Using the current mac operating system
Booted in safe mode and get the same error...

Yikes, sorry for the trouble you are having. It sounds pretty bizarre. If it is hitting that the application unexpected quits (a crash), can you please follow these steps

1. In the Finder, hold down option and choose the "Go > Library" menu item
  2. Enter in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ and send support@tumult.com any files beginning with "Hype"

If it is now that it is a hang and you must force quit, can you please follow these steps while Hype is non-responsive:

1. Open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app
  2. Search for "Hype" in the list of processes
  3. Click on the gear menu toolbar button and choose 'Sample Process'
  4. After the sample is taken, click the 'Save…' button in the upper-right of the window, and send to support@tumult.com

Additionally:

1. Navigate in the Finder to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ (from the root of your hard drive)
  2. Zip up and send any files beginning with "Hype" to support@tumult.com

Thank you.

Here is how I fixed it. Went into library folder and searched for any 'hype' related docs and folders in the library and delated them (had folders from hype v2 to v4)

Deleted hype application. Reinstalled from app store.

File crashed hype after reinstallation. identified the scene that was causing the problem and deleted it. now everything works fine.

What caused it? I think someone changed by folder name of the file I was working on at the time.

A cool feature would be a "collect" feature like they have in adobe illustrator? Is there such a thing for Hype?

I did the search in both user library and main library

It would be tough to say without diagnostics unfortunately; if you can send these files it may help out:

1. In the Finder, hold down option and choose the "Go > Library" menu item
  2. Enter in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ and send support@tumult.com any files beginning with "Hype"
  1. Navigate in the Finder to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ (from the root of your hard drive)
  2. Zip up and send any files beginning with "Hype" to support@tumult.com

If there was a specific file that caused issues, that would also be best to send if it is still in that state or you have a backup of that. It could be this was autosaved and on each launch was attempted to be restored.

It sounds like this feature puts all linked files together with the illustrator file. This isn't necessary with Hype as all .hype documents contain copies of their required resources.

Hype does maintain links to the original files outside the .hype document to see if there are updates, and then will ask to replace Hype's copy with the one located outside. Unfortunately though this linkage cannot be properly maintained if you move the file to a different computer due to macOS security limitations imposed by Apple.