Hype 4 animation to video export

Hype is known to be an HTML output app it wasn't meant be used as a full-fledged motion design app even though sometimes people like myself actually use it like a motion design app to export videos. That said, Hype is not like Apple Motion or After Effects that has alpha channel support on export. There's a bit of an obvious workaround to this, you can put a moving background or video and export it as a final video output.

Alpha Channel Support has been requested see thread below.

1 Like

Great idea. Would instantly increase user base.

1 Like

Yes, I know it :slight_smile:
My situation was on fine tuning a video layer + a sound layer with the animation created in HYPE4.
I have found an easy way to mount this 3 layers, so I have exported and finish my work in FCP X, where is more easy to define the start/stop of each layers. But would be nice to have a transparent background or mask layer.

Thank for the reply

1 Like

Hype can export transparent backgrounds on PNG Sequence, Animated PNG, Animated GIF, and HTML exports (kinda sorta, there's still a web page background) when the Make background transparent box in the Document Inspector is checked.

It cannot do it for h.264/.mp4 or ProRes 422 video because these formats do not support alpha channels. I would like to add an option for a format that does in the future.

1 Like

that be awesome!

1 Like

Frankly I am not a video expert, but I have found some info on which codec support alfa channel, you may investigate better, hope this info mat be useful :wink: :

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/02/13/exporting-media-with-an-alpha-channel-in-premiere-pro/

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH16640?viewlocale=tr_TR&locale=tr_TR

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH16864?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

3 Likes

Thanks! I suspect we’ll go with ProRes 4444. I suspect we chose ProRes 422 because it would result in smaller sizes but may not have considered utilizing alpha in the equation.

1 Like

Hi, any update on this?
It would be a great help and making the Hype App much more useful simply by adding the ProRes 4444 option to make alpha background possible.

Thanks.

1 Like

There's nothing we have to announce right now. Thanks for the note!

Ive just managed to do this by creating this background in hype #00FF57 and using ultra key in premiere

1 Like

However, it may be better touring your video into Hype and add the motion then export

Its been heavily compressed but the original is sharp at 4K

1 Like

nice :slight_smile:

for tranparent effects you could export a png-sequence from hype and import in the videoeditor.

an hypeintegration in a professionell environment:

2 Likes

Since I cannot contribute to the community with code, I have created a micro tutorial to explain how to export animations with transparent background and incorporate them into a video editor.

I have tried to make it as concise and clear as possible. Since I have the program translated into Spanish and my English is horrible, I have placed some subtitles in English to help follow the process. Anyway I think it looks pretty clear.

If there are any mistakes in the subtitles, please let me know and I will make the necessary corrections.

In this way I hope to contribute as much as I can to how much I am learning with this community.

7 Likes

Nice tutorial! It is great that DaVinci Resolve is able to treat a PNG Sequence directly as a video.

1 Like

Thank you.
Yes, it's great that it' s done that way. It would be great if all video editing programs did so, it makes the job much easier.

1 Like

@petester you wouldn't believe how many people use Hype on video editing. Remember, you don't force users to do specific stuff with your apps, Users are the ones who tell the dev which path to go. That's why Sketch app is now a UI design tool instead of a vector app as it was, and Figma became a prototype creator and not a GUI design app as it was meant to be. We see tools, and the better it fits our daily routine, the best they become. Just add to your TDL advance video export for the pro version. Trust me.

2 Likes

Hi guys. too busy to read every post right now but just incase this will help someone, I just exported to Animated PNG with the transparency option ticked. Then dragged the animated png to Final Cut Pro. Worked like a charm. I assume other editors will work too.
I suspect gif will work as well but PNG has better quality, maybe?

3 Likes

Oh, that's nice to hear that APNG makes an easy import into FCP that has transparency.

Definitely; GIFs only have 256 colors max and transparency is either on or off (no partial alpha values).

8 posts were split to a new topic: Exporting video for transparent overlay: Jagged Edges