🦫 [Hype #3] The “Groundhog” Template (Adding Randomization To Your Hype Project)

This video is set to launch on July 20, 2021 at 12:45 PM (Eastern / NYC). To remember that, 720 is like two spins... 360° x 2 ...ha ha! There is a lot of spinning in this video, because the “Groundhog” template is about flipping a coin.

It also has a nice intro that explains how Groundhog Day works — that part was made with Hype.

If the previous Hype tutorial video was tough, or the previous "Map" video was tough, then this video should be much easier. It only uses a tiny bit of JavaScript code — explaining how to add randomization to your projects.

So, if you want to chat before the video launches, the video is set as an "Instant Premiere".

[Hype #3] The “Groundhog” Template (Adding Randomization To Your Hype Project)

4 Likes

It's starting soon!

UPDATE: It's online now.

1 Like

Very nice demonstration of how easy it is to have all the animations/visuals done in a visual manner without code, and then just inject a small amount of code for the dynamic behavior :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Thanks!

In the next episode, designers get a break. It's going to be no code, with an emphasis on drawing.

I did notice a problem while making this video though. At this part... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqpDsdYAJCQ&t=17s ...I had to recreate the shadow in Final Cut Pro. I had it in the Hype template, but then the shadow disappeared in the video export.

Is this a known issue? If not, I can send you a copy of the Hype project.

Would be great to try to reproduce ourselves -- I don't see any known issues related to this.