How to implement multiple DoubleClick DCM exits using the export script?

I have the latest DoubleClick DCM export script installed and I’m trying to incorporate multiple clickTag exits in my banner ad but unable to figure out how to increment the variable so that I can click out to different urls. I’ve scoured the forum but surprisingly can’t find a solution to this.

For example:

clickTag
clickTag1
clickTag2

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

57 PM

12160-01-Animated-Carousel-300x250-v1-test2.zip (584.4 KB)

Unfortunately the DCM export script doesn’t support multiple exits at this time, but it is on our list to improve.

The best workaround right now is to add clickTag code to your Head HTML like this:

<script>
	var clickTag1 = "http://example2.com";
	var clickTag2 = "http://example3.com";
</script>

And then use the Run JavaScript action on Mouse Click to call code like:

window.open(clickTag1, "_blank");

I would guess it could be compatible with the export script if you still use the clickTag as provided by the script and the clickTag1 and clickTag2 would be supplemental, but I haven’t tried that.

Hi Jonathan,

I'm trying to add multiple exits too – I've found this thread from 4 years ago and wondered if you had updated the DCM export script or had any feedback about the success of your proposed workaround.

Thank you :slight_smile:

There haven't been changes to the export script. I haven't heard any issues about that particular workaround, so I would give it a try :slight_smile:. If you want to report back your results to the thread please do so!

Thanks Jonathan – I'm being told by the media agency that only the click tag with the 'exit' action is showing up in their ad-server (so they can't track clicks). I've tried with the validator and have found the same.

It's looking like we're going to have to recreate all these adverts in Google Web Designer but I'd much rather use Hype. Do you have any other suggestions?

Not 100% sure, but from what I've heard is that with DCM (DV360) its only possible to have 1 clicktag, if you want multiple clicktags you'd have to use Doubleclick Studio.

2 Likes

Thanks for this – I think this could be it. I've downloaded the Doubleclick Studio export script – and it allows me to give each exit a different id. When the media agency load this into Studio, I think they may be able to assign destination urls to the these ids in Studio. Does that sound right to you?

Yes thats right, however, campaigns ran in Google studio are more expensive then campaigns ran in DCM is what I heard, so double check with the client/media agency if those extra exits are worth it.

1 Like

Okay, I will do, thank so much for your help :slight_smile: