I’m new to Hype, so I’m not sure whether I did something wrong or ran into a problem with Hype & Safari.
Here’s a simple Hype document that demonstrates the issue:
HoverTest.hype.zip (70.3 KB)
The starting scene in this document has two buttons; one links to the tumult.com web site, the other to a second scene. As long as the mouse hovers over one of the buttons, a text box appears.
This always works as expected in Firefox and Chrome.
It also mostly works in Safari. However, there is one scenario where it doesn’t work in Safari:
- Move the mouse over the Go to Tumult button. As expected, the text box appears.
- Click on the button. As expected, the tumult home page appears.
- Click on the Back button of Safari. As expected, the starting scene reappears.
- Move the mouse over the Go to Tumult button again. The text box should appear, but it does not.
- Move the mouse away from the Go to Tumult button. Then, move it over the Go to Tumult button again. Now, it again works as expected and will keep working as long as you don’t click on the Go to Tumult button again.
Contrary to the Go to Tumult button, the Go to Scene button works as expected in Safari.
So the question is: did I do something wrong, or is this a bug/compatibility issue with Safari and Hype?
If it is the latter, is there a workaround?
Thanks in advance for your replies!