Hello Nice new Docs

Was just having a poke around the documentation

The Tumult team seem to be in the process of a revamp on the Tumult site and this includes a much more (it already was) documentation section.

Love the revamp. I am going to find some time to look through them in full huh..hmm again :innocent:

It looks like so much work has gone into them to update them to be extra useful I cannot ignore them.

If you read them a while back, think you know what's what with Hype or like some of us just referenced them from time to time ( because we think we know what's what with Hype),
I would suggest you go back and read them in full, they are great with much more detailed examples , images and how too

I will be.

3 Likes

Thanks - but there's nothing new specifically here :upside_down_face:.

We typically just update them along with new releases, and in the interim add items that might have gone missing or make small corrections/clarifications.

We did just change web hosts last month though; perhaps that triggered some sort of change that you are noticing?

(As a side note, Whisk's documentation was done using a different system we were evaluating for Hype. There are some things I liked about it, but also a lot of tradeoffs from a creation standpoint so we decided not to migrate to it and keep Hype's current doc tooling)

1 Like

HA HA, I was wondering what was different. :smile:

My guess is @MarkHunte being a pillar of this community stopped looking at the documentation (like me) and just revisited it after years of negligence to find out that with the Hype 4 release a new documentation had been published :slight_smile: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS: some really nice examples and gold nuggets in there. Certainly, worth a read!

5 Likes

Darn. Found out.. you right it all looks shiny and new to me​:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

While we're talking about the docs, I want to publicly note that @Daniel just celebrated his 10 year Tumult Anniversary!!! Of course Hype itself is just a few months ahead of him - so massive props to the docs goes to him :slight_smile:. Hype is not an easy app to document as there are always difficulties in how to focus on areas as well as making sure every nook and cranny is clearly detailed. Writing is often the hard part, but I think what makes the docs go above is the animated screenshots and sample demos/examples he crafted.

3 Likes

It's about 52,000 words so far, but I'm sure I'm missing something :slight_smile:

Glad yall are enjoying them! :beers:

The vector shapes section was fun to work on for v4!

5 Likes

Really? :crazy_face:

3 Likes
           ** Congratulations Daniel! **

Honking Horn L>R-150                                            Honking Horn R>L-150

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Daniel
And great work as always.

2 Likes

Congratulations, @Daniel :birthday:

3 Likes