Gif export issue

marche-descendre-orange

hi everyone, i'm experimenting a problem with GIF exportation. I'm sorry in advance for my english, I'm french, be kind :smiley:

Sometimes when i export a GIF from a Hype timeline, there is a problem : some elements are clinking (see the example below). It happens with differents files I made with Hype, sometimes it is solved by itself... sometimes it happens no matter what i do (reboot the computer, reboot the Hype app...). I don't understand where it's coming from and i waste a lot of time with this problem.

Can someone help me please ?
Thx

That's weird -- can you share your Hype document?

marche-descendre-orange.hype.zip (56.9 KB)
Hi, thank you for you answer. Here is the Hype document !

Can you send us a bug report from Help > Report an Issue? It would be great to get some info about what version of Mac OS you're on to identify the issue.

marche-descendre-orange

(It exports well for me)

1 Like

Of course I'll do it today.
Maybe I should update my OS I'm still in Catalina.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hello Daniel, just to let you know I know where the problem is coming from.
When I unclick the Webkit preset the problem is solved. tumult-pb

That setting is currently creating a broad range of errors and update issues with Safari and WebKit. Basically, Hype ads a transform to the elements style (very slight rotation on a 3D axis) to force the browser into using the graphics card acceleration. It's a common "hack" but recently Safari changed something or at least broke something. With Apple, its often that they are behind and suddenly adopt a standard to its fullest. Maybe they are preventing certain updates to save energy as they cater to mainly mobile and energy-efficient devices these days. This is just a gut feeling and speculation, though. If its on correct, then I hope they revert/fix this soon or there will be a new best practice to force Acceleration.

2 Likes

I'm glad you were able to discover a workaround. If you can, I'd still be curious about the answers to the questions in our email we sent -- since we can't reproduce it ourselves knowing more about your configuration will help us determine if we should broadly apply this all the time or not. Thanks!

1 Like

Of couse, it's done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got it - thank you!