Force Refreshing of Cache

(mmatera) #1

Is there a way to make a site automatically force you to clear the sites cache? I am using the site for my class website and when I add something to the site the students don’t see it unless they refresh their cache. Is there a way to have the site force you to refresh when it loads?

Thanks much,

Michael

When exporting a Tumult Hype document, a number is added to the end of the document’s JS file:

<div id="index_hype_container" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:600px;height:400px;overflow:hidden;" aria-live="polite"> 
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="index.hyperesources/index_hype_generated_script.js?4036"></script>

(The number 4036, for this example, which is almost the last character in the last line). This is a query string which browsers should understand: it means ‘don’t cache this JS file’.

If that’s in place it should be reloading each time someone visits. If that’s not the case can you share a document? A more forceful way to reload is to change the actual name of your document when you export.