Filter effects not exporting properly

Hi there! Apologies if this seems like a newbie question, but I’m trying to export a movie using a filter effect where the parameter exceeds 100% (specifically, I am trying to apply a brightness filter of 230%). Somehow when I export the movie (as either a movie or html file), it appears the brightness stops at 100%. Is it possible to export a file with brightness over 100%?

Hi Marc:

You can set values over 100% using regular CSS in the ‘head’ area:

Set a ‘unique element ID’ of your element to be brightimage

Next, add this to the <head> of your document. You can edit the contents of the … of your exported .html file by clicking on ‘Edit HTML Head’ in the Document Inspector.

#brightimage {
        filter:brightness(230%);
}

Thank you Daniel, I tried your suggestion but I didn’t seem to fix my issue…

I currently have a background and a .png image in the foreground. I am trying to make the .png image go from 0% brightness to 230% brightness, then back. When I run play from the hype3 interface, the desired effect is demonstrated but when I preview it in chrome or safari, the brightness seems to stop at 100%. I’m not sure why what I’m seeing in hype 3 is different from that in chrome or safari.

I’m finding that it behaves as expected using all in-Hype element inspector brightness controls:

image.zip (187.5 KB)

Can you share your example, and also let me know what version of Safari you’re previewing in?