Every once in a while I will have a very complex Hype document that, upon output, seriously misbehaves. For example, a FAQ with text buttons for categories and questions. sometimes when clicked the button will suddenly jump to another location on the page or simply vanish.
While providing a sample document would normally be considered to be useful, this is not about whether something is being done correctly or in a preferred way, but about corruption. For this specific text button issue, it is something that has popped up now and again over the past two years. The only fix I found was to simply recreate the button and delete the screwed up one.
With a FAQ, however, I have one that has buttons for nine categories with an average of five question buttons per, times three layouts (135 text buttons)). Often everything will be fixed and functioning perfectly, but I might do something unrelated, such as change background art on an unrelated layer - not nested and at the very back, and then saved the buttons go ape - or it could be other things - a floating text title on a top non-nesting layer - totally random.
There have been a couple of projects that I had to set aside because I ended up playing whack-a-mole, then pick back up later, work on it, and then it functions properly. When it works properly I don’t dare make any alterations unless they are mission-critical.
I am wondering if there might be a bug with how Hype stores its data that might be causing things to be affected in this way.