Feature Request: playhead stays insight when zooming on timeline

I use Hype for video animations. I'm currently working on a lots of episodes that exceeds the 5 minutes, so there's a lot of zooming in and out on the timeline. Every time I zoom the timeline, the playhead gets out of sight and I need to scroll left or right. Is it possible to keep the playhead in the middle of screen when zooming in and out?

It would also be nice to use two-finger pinch for zooming in and out on the timeline :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, both are definitely improvements to add :slight_smile:.

Just to clarify, are you referring to generally them being long?

If you mean that the video export can only do 5 minutes total, note that the video export panel will just give up estimating a duration at 5 minutes. From a theoretical standpoint, there's no way to know if an animation will go on forever or has a finite duration, so we cap at 5 minutes just in case. If you know the exact duration, you can override the estimated one and enter a longer duration into the field.

Yes, most episodes are 5 to 8 minutes, so very long timelines indeed. Exporting a png sequence (to keep a transparent background and) takes a few hours, I export them in a few parts while I'll have lunch or diner :slight_smile:

It's for an online workshop spelling and grammar, all in the dutch.
I'll post a video soon when the trailer is done, can't post a complete video, since you have to pay for the online workshop :-\

1 Like